Sunday, November 26, 2017

Reading Notes: Aesop's Fables, Part B

These notes come from the Aesop's Fables unit written by Roger L'Estrange and other authors (see link for other authors).

Goodness, there are so many wolves and dogs in this part B!

My favorite from this section is by Sir Brooke Boothby:

The Gnat and the Ox

Cries to an Ox a little Gnat,
As perch'd upon his horn she sat,
"My weight fatigues you, Sir, I fear."
Says Ox, ''I knew not thou wert there.''

It is simple and requires no thought. Just talks about a gnat that thinks he is heavier than he really is. I also like how it flows in a way that rhymes do. It's just a little sing-songy. This is the way I would write my Aesop's fable. I think the theme of this one would be something like, "you aren't as important as you think."

Image result for ox and gnat
Caption: See the Gnat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Aesop's Fables, Part B

These notes come from the  Aesop's Fables  unit written by Roger L'Estrange and other authors (see link for other authors). Goodne...